, , , , , , , , ,

Tokyo For 5 Consecutive Years

"Once You've Been To Japan, You Will Feel Like Going Back Every Year" - I never thought this applies to me. 

2019 Japan Welcome Signboard
#1: Back to my favourite country - Japan

For the past 4 years, I've been visiting Tokyo every year since 2015 to 2018. Just when I thought this year I might not be going back, something came unexpectedly and here I am again back to Tokyo for the 6th time. Probably it's a sign I need to go Tokyo every year. 

My Previous Posts on Tokyo:
2018 Tokyo

It was indeed another impromptu trip where I was informed about my trip to Tokyo a day before I was about to leave to Maldives. Everything was done and booked at the very last minute; from airticket to hotels. And for the first time ever, I have no well-prepared itinerary on hand since I've been to Tokyo several times before. It sounds like I'm so confident, right?

Here's a quick recap of my recent trip to Tokyo:

2019 Japan MH88 MAS To Tokyo 1
#2: If I was given option, of course I prefer to fly directly from Kota Kinabalu to Tokyo but as I need to fly with my guest, so I need to fly to Kuala Lumpur first before flying to Tokyo.


#3: Coincidentally, my handphone casing match this trip

2019 Japan Tokyo Hotel Sun Members Shinjuku
#4: Tot it's last minute but luckily I managed to find a hotel within the budget given. Plus, the location is smack right in the middle of Shinjuku - hotspot area.
(In total, I experienced staying in 1 Japanese inn, 1 capsule, 1 hostel, 1 AirBnB and 5 different hotels out from my 6 trips to Tokyo. Will combine all these into a post but not sure when I will blog about this. Hopefully soon.)

2019 Japan Tokyo Shinjuku Godzilla
#5: Godzilla in Shinjuku area - Finally I spotted you

2019 Japan Tokyo Mutekiya Ramen
#6: My trip to Japan is incomplete without savouring their scrumptious ramen

2019 Japan Kamakura Great Buddha
#7: At last I got to see the Great Buddha in Kamakura, less than an hour south of Tokyo. Another wishlist ticked off

2019 Japan Tokyo Mount Takao
#8: Mount Takao, less than an hour from Shinjuku is an easily hikeable 599m mountain - but we cheat, by taking cable car.

2019 Japan Kawaguchiko Yurari Onsen
#9: Onsen with a stunning view. Just that Mount Fuji seems to be shy shy when we're in Kawaguchiko.

Oh boy! I really wish I have more time to catch up and blog all my backlogs especially for my Japan travelogues, cause my upcoming trip is coming soon. Very soon! 
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I agree that there is this magnet that keeps luring me back to Japan. The next coming visit to Shikoku would be my 7th Japan trip if I am not mistaken.

    My wife cried buckets of tears unexpectedly when we stood in front of the Great Buddha of Kamakura. She felt sad that the Buddha statue had to endure the typhoons, earthquake and storms without any roof covering it today when the Japanese government could have built a new one. Lolol.

    I left her alone to sob in the shade at the side while I took photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far i have been to Japan twice and true enough, i wish i can go there again and again. Btw, i am a sabahan too anc stumbled upon your travel blog while researching on places to visit. Now i will always check on your blog or instagram for new updates. Out of curiousity, do you travel for a living? Would love to be in your shoes ��

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]