, , , , , ,

Central Europe [Part 7]: A Day Trip to Innsbruck From Salzburg

 << Previous Post: Hello Salzburg Again! <<


Austria is one of the countries in Europe that I don't mind going back over and over again. Being a landlocked country in Central Europe lying in the Eastern Alps, Austria offers sunny alpines meadows, snowcapped sky-high mountains and sparking turquoise lakes. Besides that, there is an abundance of castles, palaces and buildings, among other architectural works along with classical art and music can be found within the nation. 

To date, I have been to Austria three times.
First time back in 2008 where my friends and I had brief and short trip to Tyrol
Second trip in 2017 where I did my solo trip to Vienna, Salzburg and Hallstatt
Third trip in 2022 with my husband where we covered places like Hallstatt and Salzburg. And I managed to tick off another city of Austria which is Innsbruck. This has been one of my wishlists. 


FROM SALZBURG TO INNSBRUCK 
We chosen Salzburg as our base as the journey to Innsbruck takes nearly 2 hours via train. 

SWAROVSKI KRISTALLWELTEN
One of the main reasons why Innsbruck is in my wishlist is because of Swarovski Crystal World museum (Swarovski Kristallwelten). Saw few of my friends had been to this place and immediately added into my travel bucket list. However, this crystal museum is not situated in the city centre of Innsbruck and you either need to take shuttle bus or take another train ride.  

Opening Hours: 9am to 7pm (Last entry is 6pm)
Admission Fee: You can check out the latest fee here. It's best to purchase online for cost-saving. 

1) Shuttle Bus Service 
 


2) Taking trains
We opted for this means of transportation and the following is the route: 
  • Train ride from Salzburg Hbf → Wörgl 
  • Then, change train at Wörgl → Fritzens-Wattens Bahnhof
  • From Fritzens-Wattens Bahnhof, we walked for almost 30 minutes to Swarovski Kristallwelten
(This is the cheapest option where we don't have to fork out any single cents of money as our train rides were covered under Eurail Global Pass)

Another bucket list ticked off 



Cinderella Slipper 

The Art of Performance - Elton John from the movie Rocketman 

Studio Job Wunderkammer 

Crystal Cloud & Mirror Pond


CAFE MUNDING
Established since 1803, Cafe Munding is the oldest cake shop in the very heart of Innsbruck. Not far away from the famous landmark of the Golden Roof, this cafe serves variety of cakes, pastries and even ice-cream. 

Opening Hours: 8am to 8pm


This is my pick - Raspberry with pistachio cake  


ALDSTADT VON INNSBRUCK (OLD TOWN) 
Exploring the city's medieval old town is one of the things I will always do in any part or city of Europe. Here in Innsbruck, you will see row and row of colourful buildings set against the Austrian Alps. 



The Golden Roof, one of the most recognised landmark in Innsbruck





Stadtturm, the town hall tower with an observation deck 

Hard Rock Cafe 



Triumphpforte, one of the best known sights in Innsbruck  

15 minutes walk from Innsbruck Hbf to Aldstadt (Old Town)

Can't leave any city without getting any magnet - It's a must for me. How about you? 
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Innsbruck is a beautiful city located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. It is the capital of the Tyrol region and is known for its stunning mountain scenery, charming old town, and rich history. I recently took a day trip to Innsbruck from Salzburg and had a wonderful time exploring the city. I started my day by visiting the Hofburg Imperial Palace, which was once the home of the Habsburg emperors. I then took a walk through the old town, where I admired the colorful buildings and narrow streets. In the afternoon, I took a cable car up to the top of the Nordkette mountain range. From the top, I had breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding mountains. If you want to visit Leh Ladakh Read this Blog Unveiling the Best Ladakh Tour Package Deals

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]