, , , , , , , ,

Summary of My 6D5N Eastern China Trip - Hangzhou, Suzhou & Shanghai


Summary of My 6D5N Eastern China Trip
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu → Hangzhou
Day 2: Hangzhou
Day 3: Hangzhou → Suzhou
Day 4: Suzhou → Tongli Water Town → Suzhou → Shanghai
Day 5: Shanghai
Day 6: Shanghai → Kota Kinabalu

My Travelogues

My Travel Haul
Nothing much I shop from this trip. Probably due to the cold weather which causing us hard to do any shopping around and both of us are not fancy shopping at the mall. We prefer to venture and shop at street markets more, especially those night markets. But of course, souvenirs like magnets are hard to miss out from my shopping list. 

2014 China Eastern Magnets
Besides magnets, I also bought luggage tag

2014 China Eastern CNY Greeting Cards
Chinese New Year greeting cards 

2014 China Eastern Snacks
Unhealthy snacks. My favourite flavour is the one in cucumber


TOTAL DAMAGE
NOTE: Unfortunately, I unable to trace most of the transportation as well as all the food and souvenirs I spent. I lost the note that I keep track all my expenses. So these are the few things I managed to keep and save in my list.    
PARTICULARS
AMOUNT
CNY
RM
Airfare
KK – Shanghai – KK via MAS
KK – Hangzhou via AirAsia

Accommodations
Victoria Regal Hotel Zhejiang – 2 nights
All Seasons Hotel Suzhou – 1 night
Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai – 2 nights

Transportation
High-speed train Suzhou to Shanghai

Ground Transportation
A Day Tour with Suzhou


-
-


-
-
-


39.50


288.00

999
179


196
100
309


20


144
TOTAL (RM)
1,947

My Trip Back To Kota Kinabalu From Shanghai Was A Disaster
2014 China MAS Shanghai - KK
Before I end this post, I would like to share something happened on the day we're about to fly from Shanghai to Kota Kinabalu. Just when my mom and I thought our trip are going to be smooth and manageable one, our trip ended with unfortunate events. Not one but two and it happened on the same day as well. Earlier on I did mention that I have two tickets departing from Kota Kinabalu - a round trip ticket with Malaysia Airlines to Shanghai but because we found the length of the trip was kind long, I booked another one-way ticket which was to Hangzhou with AirAsia. As for my return, we will stick with our first ticket which is to fly with Malaysia Airlines from Shanghai. Oh boy! It's totally wrong decision that we didn't fly with Malaysia Airlines at the first place. I wasn't aware that once you didn't show or fly, the whole ticket consider burn immediately. I only found out about this when I unable to do web check-in and called Malaysia Airlines call centre. They told me that my whole ticket was burnt and I need to book another new ticket. I have to be honest with you that this is the first time I experienced this in my life. I was absolutely confused and lost at the same time. What should we do now since we're no longer have any tickets back home? I was in state of shock when I search that one way ticket from Shanghai to Kota Kinabalu is about RM1,200. Just one-way! Another option which I could think of at that point of time is to take flight from Hangzhou but again, we need to take the train from Shanghai to Hangzhou in order to catch the flight.

After the long discussion with my mom, finally we agreed just to book another new flight with Malaysia Airlines. Luckily I brought along my credit cards to China. It was indeed pain in the ass to buy new tickets with such a hefty price but it's better than stranded at foreign place, right?

Now we have settled with our new tickets. What's next? Our flight was delayed for more than 2 hours. I bet none of you will enjoy the trip when experiencing any flight delay. Furthermore it's a red eye flight and we're stuck in the airport. Just when this morning I can't have peace of mind due to the airtickets thing, and right now I can't have adequate rest after long and tiring day. Maybe like what Twilight Man said, I should practice the floral bath ritual (mandi bunga) before going for any trip to avoid these unlucky things happen again in future.

On another note, finally I managed to complete all my 2014 travelogues. Now I need to speed up to complete the rest of my travelogues, especially those in 2015. 
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate how restless it could be when it comes to last minute flight ticket purchase. Bikin sakit jantung. Hahaha! We're on the same boat Diana. I'm yet to complete my 2016 travelogues (and there after). Best of luck to both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never burn my air flight but I coyluld imagine the frustration and desperation. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    I bought few magnets in Shanghai. Mostly dried snacks were bought and served during CNY. Haha. Other stuff we bought were Suzhou's silk quilt, Wuxi's pearl powder. They were the most expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooaa! I felt a twitch in my eyebrows and you called me!! I could feel your terrible pain for having burnt tickets and not aware of the mess until last minutes. I have burnt my air tickets few times and didn't go on that trips. I really didn't know that we are supposed to fly the same airline both ways! Today I really learnt the lessons and pain you had. Thank you for alerting me.

    I am really a kiasu and kiasi person who would even go to temple to light joss sticks to bless me for safe trips. On top of that, I would still try to visit any temples in the foreign country to pay respects to their City Gods. I believe the heavens protected me along the way.

    I love your magnets very much and happy to see the same piece of the Opera Lady with Red Headgear! It is stuck above my freezer's door so that I could see her long feathers dance in the air. Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]