, , , , , , , ,

Cuti-Cuti Malaysia 2013: Kuching & Penang

The first two weekends of this month is like Cuti-Cuti Malaysia for me. I went Kuching on the first weekend to attend my cousin's wedding and for the following weekend, I went to Alor Setar & Penang for my very best friend's wedding. But of course, besides attending the wedding was my ultimate purpose, I also took this opportunity to stay for few more days to explore and wander around - especially for foods and street arts hunt in Penang.

I will not blog so details like I did for my other travelogues. Only focus on few main things which I think is worth to share throughout my trip to Kuching and Penang, such as:

DSC09273 Kuching
#1: Sunny Hill Ice-Cream (post here) - The legendary and famous ice-cream parlour in Kuching

Tune Hotel LCCT
#2: First time stayed in Tune Hotel LCCT Airport (post here)

Old Penang Guesthouse
#3: We stayed in Old Penang Guesthouse where the location is so strategic, cheap, clean and comes with air-conditioner and free WiFi connection in the room. (post here)

DSC09462 Penang
#4: One of the things I'm looking forward in Penang - street art, wall painting and steel sculpture around the heritage area of George Town. (post here)

Penang's Foods 01
#5: It's a sin for not hunting foods around Penang. Thanks to my friends for brought us to Pulau Tikus Hawker Center and also thanks to a Penang blogger, C Wern Hong for bringing us to Gurney Drive Hawker Center and also to the best yong taufu. 

So, my this year Cuti-Cuti Malaysia not just to Kuching and Penang, I also went to Johor Bahru early of this year. Next year Cuti-Cuti Malaysia? I am planning for Ipoh (for the 4th times) and Kota Bahru (never been before).
Share:

14 comments:

  1. is that a tissue covering one of the chocolate ice cream..?? I have not been to Kuching nor Penang, both of these places are famous for their respective laksa..which I like so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, in between the chocolate ice-cream & the tissue, there's a bread. It's a sandwich ice-cream by the way. Hahaha..If you love foods, should visit Penang & Kuching cause these two places are indeed known as food haven.

      Delete
  2. Penang and Kuching... food heaven...nyum..nyum...:)The old penang guesthouse looks very authentic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny Hill icecream.that looks delicious..and I will be looking forward to your posting on tune hotels..hehe..
    I am glad to have shown you guys around on food stuff :D Glad to meet you in Penang as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss Penang! so much.. the people, the food.. by the by, sunny hill icecream looks tasty... dah la cuaca panas la ni..

    ReplyDelete
  5. really food galore. How was Tune Hotel? OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room is so small but thank goodness cause of our Asian size, should be ok for us. I will do review of this Tune Hotel in the upcoming post.

      Delete
  6. Can you do a review for Tune Hotel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will but not too soon. There are plenty of my backdated travelogue in queue.

      Delete
  7. Authentic Penang! Love the food as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really delicious food. I would like eating these delicious dishes. Melbourne Wedding Cruise

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love george town and in general, penang...never bored of it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi diana, nice blog, i like it. salam kenal from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]