, , ,

Monsopiad Cultural Village

This is my first time to visit Sabah local traditional village. It was also one of my brave attempt drive to there without a map beside me. Thanks for the signboard near Putatan. I saw signboard somewhere around highway to Lido-Luyang but I was lost. So, don't trust that signboard which near Petronas.

So, what is Monsopiad? Monsopiad Cultural Village, the traditional village us a historical site in the heartland of the Kadazandusun people and it is the only cultural village in Sabah built to commemorates the life and time of the legendary Kadazan and head hunter warrior, Monsopiad.

Before we had the chance to look around, need to go to the reception counter and sign in. At first I thought it was free but it was not. So, here a tip for you. If your student card is till valid and available, please bring it with you as only cost RM20. If not, it will cost RM45. Much differences, right? After register, there is tour guide to explain all the places and bring us around.


Tour guide, Rose


Zhee Yee is paying attention to what Rose said


Full of explanation being brief by Rose and she bought us to the main and popular house which known as "House of Skull". I'm not dare to take those photos as is not encourage by my religion. So, please forgive me for the photo. However, I manage to take a snap of the skull of Orang Utan.


We reach exactly at time. Time for performance. Here, audience had the chance to watch Sabah traditional dance and also dance along with them.


Performance Hall


Papar Dance




Limbai Dance, Bajau traditional dance




A warrior came out from no where




Zhee Yee being selected to use the sumpit and there was a funny scenes in between


Dance along


Group photo











A cute little monkey cup
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]