, , , , , , , ,

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru

My Singapore trips are kinda like incomplete if I didn't involve Johor Bahru as part of the trip. Fly in Singapore and then fly out Johor Bahru or vice versa is always what I did for the past few years. After staying for a night in a cute and chic hostel with a reasonable price, A Beary Bear Hostel, my friends and I took public bus (CW2) from Queen Street Bus Terminal (Bugis MRT) to Woodlands. It's cheap but then, it wasn't convenient especially when you carry big luggage with you. 

This time around, we booked Tune Hotel in Danga Bay. It was actually suggested by my Johor friend as it was relatively near to her wedding venue.

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 01
#1: Overview of Tune Hotel - Danga Bay

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 08
#2: One of Lego's models displayed at the lobby - Please Do Not Touch Me!

I reserved a room with double bed whereas my other friends got themselves a room with two single beds. I can't clarify the differences, especially in terms of size of the rooms but my room was fairly cheaper than my friends. We even bought the Comfort Package consists 24 hours air-conditioning plus towels and toiletries kit. Similar to its sister airlines, this is a no frills hotel where no amenities is provided unless you purchase them. 

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 02
#3: My double bed room 

It's a simple and basic room with modern and minimalist designs. The room houses wall-mounted LCD television (need to pay one), portable table and safety box. One thing I love about the room is not just for its comfortable and fluffy bed but thank goodness, there's a window. The more I travel and stayed in numbers of hotels, somehow I would prefer a room with window. 

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 05
#4: Besides towel and toiletries kit, they gave us air-con remote control and TV too (I added TV right after I back from wedding dinner)

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 03
#5: Hangers corner

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 04
#5: Key access 

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 06
#6: Hot shower, hairdyer and toilet roll are provided without any additional charge

Other facilities can be found within the hotel are computer with internet connection, massage chairs and ample of free parking space provided for the in-house hotel guests. There are even AirAsia agency office, 7-Eleven and restaurant located right next to the hotel. 

Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru 07

My verdict? If you are looking for budget hotel just for the sake of rest and recharge, probably Tune Hotel Danga Bay would be your ideal option but in terms of location, honestly speaking I still prefer to stay nearby KSL Shopping Mall. There are nothing much you can linger around the vicinity - so quiet location I could say. One of the reasons I found out this hotel is packed with family is because there is a shuttle service directly to Legoland. 

Johor Premium Outlet

On my way to the airport, I decided for a quick pitstop at Johor Premium Outlet. But then, it's hard to get any taxi outside the hotel until I tried to use MyTeksi apps, which recommended by another good friend of mine who is living in Johor Bahru. It's my first time of using this app but then, I quite enjoyed the ride - a friendly driver who non-stop chatting with me throughout the ride. 

Date Stayed: 7 December - 8 December 2014 (1 night)
Rate I Paid: RM77.68  per night for a double bed room including Comfort Package which consists of 24 hours air-conditioning plus towel and toiletries kit (Booked via TuneHotels.com)

Disclaimer:
This review is truly based on my own personal experience and is my genuine and honest opinion of this hostel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment.
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Our currency has fallen so badly and the Sing Dollars would kill my pockets to sleep in their hotels. This Tunes Hotel is a good and welcome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]