, , , , , , , ,

Seoul & Busan, South Korea Trip 2014 (Sneak Peek)

Going Korea for the second time wasn't really part of my plan but my mom and sis really love to go there and hence, they assigned me to become their personal tour guide. It was kinda last minute decision that I don't even have the time to do a well-preparation. Simply amended my itinerary which I did for the previous trip.

South Korea 2014 - Korean Air
#1: So here we off to South Korea with Korean Air and the flight duration from Kota Kinabalu directly to Seoul only took 5 hours, comparing with AirAsia X from Kuala Lumpur which took 7 and half hours. 

Initially we plan to fly with Asiana Airlines or Cathay Pacific but Asiana Airlines was too expensive whereas Cathay Pacific required transit in Hong Kong for few hours. After comparing both fares between Cathay Pacific and Korean Air, we chosen Korean Air since we never flew before with them. It was a pleasant flight and we really enjoyed it. 

South Korea 2014 - Busan Korail
#2: Once we landed Incheon International Airport, we took commuter train to Seoul Station for the Korail exchange bound to Busan city, South Korea's second largest metropolis after Seoul.

#3: Sun & Fun at Hauendae Beach - the most popular and well-known beach in South Korea. But too bad the weather in Busan is so cold and windy.

South Korea 2014 - Busan 01
#4: Exploring the colourful and cherry alleyways of Busan's Gamcheon Culture Village. It's also known as "Korea's Santorini". My most favourite attraction comparing the rest.

South Korea 2014 - Busan 02
 #5: Another Busan famous attraction, Taejongdae Resort Park which located 20 minutes away from Busan Station. The thing must see here is the Yeongdo Lighthouse. 

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 02
 #6: The second gong or palace I visited in Seoul - Changdeokgung Palace. It was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 03
 #7: When my mom and sis went to Everland Resort Park, I decided not to join and wandered around Seoul alone. I went to Ewha Womans University and oh man, it's so enchanted and beautiful making me wanna return back to uni life again.

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 04
#8: Since I missed out Itaewon during my maiden trip, so for this time around I must go.

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 05
 #9: Took bus alone to N Seoul Tower

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 06
 #10: A day before we left, we went Coex Aquarium. Again, another of my travel wishlist accomplished.

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 07
 #11: Can't believe I got to try free hanbok experience for the second time. Thanks to Kampungboycitygal's blog (one of my favourite blog when relating to travel)  for the sharing this.

South Korea 2014 - Seoul 08
#12: I'm not really fond of Korean cuisines but then these were the best meals I ever had in South Korea - jjim dalk, budae jjigae, Korean BBQ and dak-galbi. The one on the bottom right, dak-galbi seems halal cause I saw many Muslims were eating there.

We went South Korea seems to be pretty early for spring season but then we bumped into sakura (eventhough it was few) in Seoul. This is the third time I stumbled upon sakura or known as cherry blossom (after the first one in Japan last year and in Inle Lake, Myanmar early of this year)
South Korea 2014 - Seoul 10

Till then, hope to see you soon, South Korea. Wish I could go back for the third visit. Perhaps I should plan to go during middle of April next year for sakura. #daydreaming again

Guess I love East Asia countries so much (Hong Kong, Macau, China, South Korea, Japan & Taiwan) than South East Asia countries that I don't mind to do another repeating visits.

P/S: Might not able to blog my latest Seoul & Busan travelogue at this moment cause catching up to blog my outdated and overdue travelogues. However, if you have any enquiry regarding this trip of mine, you are welcome to leave me a message at dtdianateo@gmail.com, or you can even check my first ever trip to South Korea (Seoul & Jeju Island) travelogue - Summary of 8 Days of Seoul & Jeju Island Travelogue
Share:

26 comments:

  1. Flying from KK seems lot more dekat kan. Saya ada plan mau try naik Easterjet from KK as well. And did u get lost in Gamcheon? Hahaha many people I know navigate around the kampung with ease but me. Sesat but sangat best. Tunggu full updates from u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When talk about Korea, I always attracted by Gamcheon Culture Village because it looks nice although I did not go there before.

    The surrounding of Ewha Womans University looks beautiful, the things that make me surprise was you can go in University to take a look. I thought that the security in Uni will be strict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous la..I want to visit Seoul too..

    p/s that Korea's Santorini looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww..ada third visit tu...mmg best kan Korea...every year kalau boleh nk ke sana...but money is my constraint huhuhuh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shot at Santorini alike Busan.

    mt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really awesome image of Changdeokgung Palace...

    We provide the India packages and International Packages

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your photos are beautiful and colourful. You looked cute in Hanbok costume and only Lee Min Ho was missing to make picture perfect!

    I flew in Korean Airlines before and I liked the way the air hostess tied their hair buns with chop stick. My luck onboard was having the Badminton star sitting next to me - Lee Yong Dae!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aiya too bad you couldn't enjoy a sunny n hot at the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a tour guide also .. will u consider that for third visit hahahaa :D
    Well that really good only 5 hour from KK to Seoul.. Btw nice info and picture u share here :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that you've got another trip. I just came back from HK this month on SIA again and next month going again with my mother :D for relative's wedding. Glad that I can belanja my mother SIA air ticket :D

    Night Photography at Asakusa Shrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to be in Seoul for the cherry blossom! Free hanbok experience? I wanna try that next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I super love Korean food and wish to to Korea for some authentic version!
    PS: u look good is hanbok!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think going korea once is not enough. Need revisit

    ReplyDelete
  14. The next time for me has to be with a trip down to Busan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant idea, paragraph is nice, thats
    why i have read it completely

    My web site :: webpage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! The Busan post is quite short I was expecting anyway its alright! Thanks. I have a blog too if you want to see http://karltraveladventures.wordpress.com. Take care Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. great post! I really like your photos. I do not give tour guides, but we have a spare room in our house and we sometimes open it for guests. Please check this out and email me if anyone is interested. ^^ https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3430324 My email address is: eunason@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow one amazing site you got here and great posts too. will certainly visit for more of your updates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there! Am glad to come across ur travel blog, the expense breakdown from ur previous trip to Seoul + Jeju was a great help! I did the same when on my maiden trip to Seoul last Jan too. Was wondering if you'll be sharing the cost breakdown for this trip as well? I'm planning for a Spring visit to Seoul and Busan next yr so would be glad if there's some cost estimation for my budget graduation trip =p Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never seen before. You have a great blog.
    http://herbalplantslanka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. it looks like you had heaps of fun! I am going to Korea this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The grounds of Ewha Woman University are stunning throughout the year, especially during autumn. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  23. really nice post!!! :D
    If you are interested in traveling in South Korea
    Budget guest houses and travel routes
    www.dotoryk.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such an amazing blog entry as I have been researching information on what to see and do in Busan.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I am excited for this. Me, my husband and my friend are heading to Seoul this September.

    Thank you!

    God Bless!
    JM Kayne | www.iamjmkayne.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Its a interesting post. I also know some cheap flights which provide very good services.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]