When my parents went Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) a year before me, they bought plenty of souvenirs for me and I did blog about it - click here for more. So when it's my turn, I just bought those necessary for my dearest family and friends only. The following are my hauls throughout my 7 days and 6 nights trip in HCMC, Vietnam:
#1:Overall of my haul from HCMC
#2: Those two in packets bought from Highlands Coffee outlet whereas in the box, it's Trung Nguyen Coffee - the number 1 coffee in Vietnam which I bought from Ben Thanh Market.
#3: Coconut candy from Mekong Delta day trip
#4: Always and forever my favourite travel collections - keychains and fridge magnets. All grabbed from Ben Thanh Market.
#5: Hand painted bookmarks and postcards
#6: Grey envelope bag bought from somewhere nearby Ben Thanh Market which cost less than RM50
#7: Silk nightwear - My mom requested me to buy this for her cause she only bought one before and she said it's nice but regret for only bought one. So I bought more for her.
#8: Vietnam embroidered art tote handbag which I bought from the port leaving to Mekong Delta and it cost USD$5 for 3 and also embroidered silk pouch from Ben Thanh Market for USD$1 each.
And the following is my sharing of the full details of my travel expenses that I spend throughout the 7 days and 6 nights trip around HCMC, Vietnam:
(The rate as at the time I changed; RM1.00 : 6,680 VRN whereas RM3.00 : USD$1)
- Return airfare for just only RM12 but I burned the one from KL back to KK. At the end, I booked another last minute flight from KL back to KK. Don't get it wrong. It's not that I miss my flight, just I wanna return back home earlier.
- Baggage allowance for flight to HCMC was 15 kg (RM40) and flight from HCMC was 15 kg (RM40).
- Stayed for 6 nights throughout our trip. For more information about this budget hotel which comes with complimentary breakfast, click HERE.
- I was travelled alone on the first day. Hence, I need to bear this cost alone.
- Taxi from hotel to the airport cost USD$10 and divided among three of us.
- Including air-conditioner tourist bus, English speaking tour guide, boat trips (for both motor and rowing boats), entrance fees, 1 water bottle, some fruits and honey tea as well as lunch. On top of that, it includes pick-up and drop-off from where we stayed.- post here.
- Including pick-up and drop-off from where we stayed and English speaking tour guide. However, admission fee and lunch is not included and we have to bear on our own.- post here.
- Actually this is just based my estimation because I lost my travel notepad which I always keep track of all my travel expenses and I left in Melbourne, Australia before I managed to key in all into Excel form. Clumsy me!
- Same goes to this too but I remember overall I only spend three pieces of USD$100 throughout the trip. Most of my souvenirs and shopping haul are as photos above. Also including postcards and stamps.
#9: My Vietnamese dong leftover. Save for another Vietnam trips, perhaps?