, , , , ,

Shibuya - Another Shopping & Entertainment District of Tokyo

shibuya 01
Besides Harajuku (click here), Shibuya is also one of the most colourful and busy district packed with tons of Tokyo youngsters. It's within walking distance from Harajuku but since Nicole and I had the unlimited railway pass, so we utilised it by taking the railway instead of walking.

Shibuya is a center for youth fashion and culture and it is popular for shopping and entertainment area. Shibuya is famous for its five-way scramble crossing, which just located once you step out from Shibuya Station.

shibuya 05
Scramble crossing [Pic credit to Nicole]


Too bad it's raining and we can't find the perfect spot to shoot the perfect pic to explain how is exactly scramble crossing looks like. So credit to google for the pic below.
shibuya-crossing


Over a dozen major of Tokyo large department and fashion stores located at here too.

shibuya 06
Seibu, one of the largest department stores

shibuya 07

shibuya 09


As we moved on, we spotted this:
shibuya 02
Disney store.

shibuya 08

If you are planning to go Disneyland and in case unable to purchase online, it is advisable to purchase the admission ticket from here. Or else you might regret once you reach Disneyland.


shibuya 03
Look! Drop dead gorgeous looking model at the pink lorry.


What Shibuya notable for is Hachiko.

shibuya - hachiko
Hachiko Statue

This is one of Tokyo's famous meeting points, which located just outside the station. I guess most of you know what is the story behind Hachiko. But unfortunately for me (NOT AGAIN!!!), I can't found this statue because of the rain. Everyone is holding the umbrella and blocking this statue, I guess!!!


More Japan post to come: Mount Fuji, DisneySea and accomodation I stayed when in Japan.

[Credit to: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Japan-Guide]
Share:

13 comments:

  1. ah, hachiko. one of my fav. story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tiara - when I read the full story from Wikipedia, my tears drop. Really a touching true story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've watched the movie and i cant hold my tears..yea its really a touching story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful city on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwww I expect longer entry btw..

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah Japan love the place..so wan go to Japan now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow u travel alot..nice nice! btw the hong kong pics was taken with my sis camera, Canon(not sure bout the model though)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that;s nostalgic for me? was in tokyo several times..love shibuya night life and I found the Hachiko statue :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. got your comments :D thanx..no problem we can exchange travelling ideas together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow! I am here ^^ Thanks for dropping by and now I'm going to stalk you, haha.

    I always wanted to go Japan for a holiday... my japanese class is starting soon... hehe hopefully that will be enough to fuel my dream to go to Japan...

    Fridge magnet? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tity - You means the one by Richard Gere?

    Sailor - Shijuku is the best spot in Tokyo.

    Jfook - About Hachiko? Hahaha.. I guess you need to google it.

    M-Knight - I also love Japan too. Plan to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessy - Thanks for the reply. I really fall in love with your sis camera.

    of tr@vels - So envy u visited tokyo many times. Somemore, u managed to find hachiko statue. Shame on me.

    Daniel Chiam - It's good to have Japanese lesson before going there. They really have tough time when comes to English speaking

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, happened that I was reading the story about Hachiko yesterday when I came to your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]